Wed, Apr 3, 19:00 - Wed, May 8, 20:30
19:00 - 20:30
Wednesdays 19.00 – 20.30: 3, 10, 17, 24 April & 1, 8 May
Meditating is ancient and is widely used as a way of developing the mind, allowing it to become calm and peaceful, if only for a moment.
There are different forms of meditation and each with their own purpose. Scientific studies of meditation have yielded the following results:
• reduces depression, anxiety and irritability
• improves memory, reaction time and mental stamina
• helps to engage and enjoy fuller relationships with others
• reduces the key indicators of chronic stress, including high blood pressure
• strengthens the immune system and helps ward off colds, flu and other diseases.
Kriya yoga is a meditation from the Tantric tradition that uses the knowledge of the subtle body, including chakra, kundalini and nadi, to create a glowing body of ananda, bliss.
A part of that practice is japa, or repitation of a mantra using a mala, and together with the subtle sound of the breath, it pulls us deeper into stillness.